As with sports, it’s always good to stop halfway through the game and reflect on what’s happened so far. As a result, we’ve compiled this list of 2015 remodeling trends we’ve seen grow in popularity this year:
With August heating up, we find ourselves halfway done with 2015 already! It’s amazing how time flies, isn’t it? Seems like just yesterday we were taking down our Christmas lights. (Hopefully that wasn’t actually just yesterday for you.)
For the Kitchen: 2015 kitchen remodeling trends point to homeowners who want integrated, social designs and technologically informed features for better convenience.
- Open Concepts: Homeowners don’t want closed, self-contained kitchens this year. It’s all about airy, open-concept kitchens that maintain the line of sight into the living room.
- Outlets: There’s nothing worse than having to untangle the wad of wires you use to charge your iPhone, laptop, eBook reader, FitBit, and whatever else keeps you going. Creating additional outlets, often with retractable charging stations, are a popular solution.
- Low-Maintenance Countertops: The 2015 remodeling trend for countertops is to find that sweet spot between beauty and functionality. Caesarstone, Quartz, and cement are great materials for this.
- Technological Upgrades: More homeowners are opting for hands-free, motion-sensing anything and everything, from trash cans to faucets to cabinet doors. Not to mention refrigerators that text you to let you know you’re low on eggs.
- Breakfast Bars: Swanky, casual breakfast islands for devouring your Cheerios before running out the door each morning are all the rage in 2015 remodeling trends.
For the Bathroom: The future is NOW, at least if you’re going by 2015 bathroom trends. It’s all about designs that weave in the kind of smart features we were only dreaming about 50 years ago.
- Superior Showers: Multi-spray showerheads, aromatherapy showers, and digital showers that let you program your preferred water pressure, temperature, steam, lighting, and sound are growing in popularity. Why just take a shower when you can relax in the perfect amount of steam while breathing lavender?
- Added Convenience: Other 2015 remodeling trends going wild this year are recessed in-shower shelving and built-in shampoo and conditioner containers you can reload.
- Futuristic Toilets: High-end toilets that neutralize odors are trending, so don’t go investing in Febreeze this year.
- Stone Vessel Bowls: Just as functional as a regular sink but way more distinctive, vessel bowls are on the rise in 2015 bathroom remodels.
- Large Soaking Tubs: Along with narrow standalone showers wedged into the architecture, large soaking tubs for extended relaxation are pushing upwards in popularity this year.