It’s almost 2016! Hopefully, your New Year’s Resolution is in its final draft, and you’re making exciting remodel plans for the year to come.
Maybe you’re considering making 2016 the year you finally remodel the kitchen – but you’re not sure it’s worth it. If you’re contemplating a kitchen remodel, take a look at this blog listing the top eight reasons homeowners decide to break ground:
- Itching for a change. It’s human nature: We all need variety to stay sharp and inspired. Believe it or not, the need to stop staring at the same avocado countertops every day is a popular reason people remodel.
- Increase the value of your home. Certain remodeling projects, such as replacing your front door or adding a bathroom (when you only have one in place), recoup up to 100% of their costs at resale. Strategic remodeling can, indeed, make your home worth more in the long term.
- Need to repair old features. Over time, things break: appliances, floor and wall tiles, showers, sinks, etc. Remodeling is a chance to make the home whole again.
- Desire for more space. Sometimes, people need to expand their homes to accommodate new little ones, or to construct self-sufficient apartments for aging parents.
- Don’t want to move. You love your school district and neighbors, but you can’t stay in your home for the long haul without making some serious changes. Time to remodel!
- Desire to age in place. More and more homeowners are planning to stay in their homes for as long as possible – which may involve remodeling to age in place. This usually entails adding handrails, eliminating the need for stairs, and incorporating other safety measures.
- Wanting to go green. If you’re sensitive to your home’s impact on our planet’s limited resources, remodeling can be a means to going green through the adoption of energy-saving, high-efficiency room designs, features, appliances.
- Desire to express more personality. Our homes are our kingdoms, and considering we stay in them for decades, there’s every reason to ensure it reflects who you are. Remodeling is a great way to change the style of your home to display your personality –especially if you’ve changed a lot since you moved in!